Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Adventuring Out with a Baby



One of our goals for 2016 (which I know I didn't share here like normal, but oh well) was to be more intentional with our activities. Getting into a rhythm in life is great, but I wanted to make sure we weren't always do the same things just because we always have. We have our favorite parks, walking paths, restaurants and beaches, but it is nice to have more planned outings as well.

Since having Corinne all of our outings have been planned! That is the biggest thing I have learned about leaving the house with a baby. Its totally possible, but boy does it take planning and preparation. We have been easing back into the "world" with smaller excursions getting ready for larger adventures like family visits, family reunions, weddings, and generally a summer outside. Last weekend was a great trial run where we were busy all day. So here is the start of our monthly outing reports, the first of which may not be that exciting. Haha!

We started out the day headed to the Mermade Market where a couple of our friends were selling some handmade goods. We love spending time in Dana Point and walking around the shops was a fun way to spend the day. And as per usual, Corinne is a rock star in her stroller.

After that it was a quick drive up the coast to one of our favorite beaches for our first real beach day with Corinne. A few weeks ago I took my siblings there with Corinne, but she was having a hard day so we were only there long enough for my siblings to get their experience of swimming in the ocean. This time wasn't much different, but due to the weather. Corinne was loving it at first and was A-dorable in her little sunhat, but the wind was getting worse the longer we stayed and she was not a fan. By the time all was said and done we were there for nearly two hours so I count that as a success.




At this point it was definitely time for some quiet relaxation for all parties, so we headed home for some food and naps. Corinne and Brett napped together like they do nearly every weekend, and I was able to work on a few projects for Primary. The house got all clean, we got dinner all marinading, and life was beautiful.



That evening the weather was still so good that we almost had no choice other than to grill up dinner. We called some of our friends, made some extra food and spent the next couple hours eating, laughing, and playing with our babies.

All in all it was a fabulous day. As important as it was for us to get out of the house and have some fun, I think it was more valuable as encouragement. Now we, me in particular, know it's possible and I'm even more excited for the coming summer months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment so we can get in touch.