Friday, October 10, 2014

Full of Inspiration



Hopefully the announcement in that picture did not come as a shock to anyone. I have talked about my belief and religion several times, and this time of the year makes it so much easier to talk about with the events of the last week. Last weekend I was able to view General Conference, and this weekend the movie Meet the Mormons is being released in theaters nationwide. I just have a few things to say about these things.

First, General Conference is a wonderful opportunity that members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have to listen to instruction from leaders of the church. The best part is that all the sessions and talks are completely available to anyone, members and not, who want to feel inspired or learn what we believe. After this weekend I am fully rejuvenated with feelings of peace, happiness, love, dedication, and faith. Everything from the two days of spiritually uplifting messages can be found again, to watch, listen to, or read, at lds.org, the official website of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. All the images are also taken from the site.

Second, the Meet the Mormons movie is an actual movie, in actual theaters. The movie documents the lives of 6 devout members of the church, seeing how their faith and religion impacts their actions and how they view the world. Brett and I plan on seeing it sometime this weekend, and I am pretty excited. So I invite anyone and everyone to go watch it as well and see that us Mormons are just normal people, with differing circumstances but united with our faith and devotion to become the best we can with the love and help of the Savior, Jesus Christ.

To find a theater near you, or to request it in your area if it isn't there yet, go to this site and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment so we can get in touch.