Monday, October 27, 2014

Cute Group Craft


With the exception of a random crochet project, like this one here and a plethora of scarves and ear warmers, I typically don't do a lot of other crafty things. There are a couple reasons for this. First, I tend to be a little bit of a perfectionist so when something doesn't turn out how I picture it in my head I never display it. The second is that I don't have a large reserve of craft supplies, so each project I want to do requires me to go purchase everything. That can get a little spendy, so I usually work with the cheaper medium of yarn.
Its hard to see here, but the bottom row of this shelf makes me extremely happy. All the Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, To Kill a Mockingbird, and Chronicles of Narnia Books in one place. Too bad it was too heavy for the top shelf!
Every once in a while I get to do something crafty when the monthly Relief Society activity organizes it for me. Last week was the perfect simple activity. I loved sitting around a table with amazing women and great conversation as we painted these little blocks. It was fun to see the different patterns that people choose, ranging from all the monsters like my blocks, to all different pumpkins, and Halloween or fall inspired words.

I saved some of the extra blocks to use at a future date, so if you have any ideas about what I can do with them, I would love to hear them. Right now I am leaning towards something winter-y, but not necessarily Christmas-y, that way it can be displayed longer. Maybe snowflakes? Let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment so we can get in touch.