Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Autumn Sunday Drive

Sundays are the best! I love getting the chance to enjoy a day when I actually get to relax and rejuvenate myself for the next week. We really believe in Sabbath Day Observance, and other than attending church, we spend the time together or with family. This means that most Sunday's we come home around noon and then don't really leave the house again. Most of the time we will read a book, play a game, take a nap, and eat food. Sunday dinner is great, both to eat, and to have fun making. But there are other times when late Sunday afternoon rolls around and we are a little stir crazy. For a few days I had been looking up at the beautiful Wasatch Range and admiring the autumn beauty they offer. I have always enjoyed living near mountains and taking advantage of all that offers, so I wanted to go see the leaves. Driving up Provo Canyon and then up to the top of Squaw Peak was the perfect little Sunday drive to get us out of the house. Once we got up to the top and jumped out to take a few pictures, we realized how cold it actually was and how inadequately dressed we were and quickly drove back to the warmth of home. 


^I love Mt. Nebo down on the south end of the valley. They canyons coming off Nebo are some more of my favorites. 


I sure love this guy. Sometimes it is hard to believe how far we have come since July 2011 when we got engaged on this same ridge. This view and all the things that have happened in the valley below will forever be in our memories. 

1 comment:

  1. We should double and take a drive up the alpine loop soon while it's still all golden and beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment so we can get in touch.