Besides the Nirvana exhibit we loved seeing Spectacle (the evolution of music videos), and Block by Block (scaled Lego architecture), but my favorites were the collections of memorabilia from Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and Horror film and television. These were fantastic and totally up my ally. They had so many things that I geeked out over and just wanted to show everyone. Poor Brett probably got so tired of hearing "Oh wow! Honey, look at this!"
|the finale of the OK GO music video to This Too Shall Pass, check it out here, its pretty impressive. we spent a long time watching their music videos after we got home|
Just to give you a taste here are some of the things found in the Fantasy Exhibit:
- the coat worn by Sirius Black in Harry Potter
- the Wicked Witch's hat from the 1939 Wizard of Oz
- costumes from The Princess Bride worn by Buttercup, Wesley, and Inigo Montoya, along with Inigo's swords
- several pieces of memorabilia from The Chronicles of Narnia movies including the mask for the Beast of Burden, the crown and scepter of the White Witch, and the bow and quiver used by Susan, along with others
- and finally, making Brett a happy, happy guy, the costume worn by David Bowie in Labyrinth!
The Science Fiction section also did not disappoint with pieces including:
- A collectors edition of Dune (one of my favorite books I am thinking of re-reading)
- one of Darth Vader's light sabers
- guns from Men in Black
- lots of stuff from Star Trek, including one of the captain's chairs from set
- Ender's Game concepts
- a model of the ship used in Independence Day
How could we not take a picture of us running at light speed? Even if we didn't quite line ourselves up right.
Of course we needed to finish off with a picture by the tornado of guitars before heading out.