Monday, May 19, 2014

Summer Reading List

all images from google image search
This summer I plan to do as much reading as possible. This is something that I was hoping to do anyway, and will also help on my 101 in 1001 list!

So what is on my list for the summer so far? Some classics, new ones, and old loves.

1. The Hobbit (currently reading)-J.R.R. Tolkien
2. The Secret Keeper-Kate Morton
3. The Count of Monte Cristo-Alexander Dumas
4. The Lord of the Rings (all three parts)-J.R.R. Tolkien
5. The Chronicles of Narnia (all seven parts-I will get one that high horse later)-C.S. Lewis
6. Gone Girl-Gillian Flynn

For now, that is probably a good enough personal list. I mean, this is a list of 6, but really it is 14 and The Count of Monte Cristo is pretty long. All of these books, other than Narnia, have been on my to do list for a while. I have read Narnia before, and love it, but I think that each summer deserves a reread of a favorite book.

Do you use the summer for reading? What do you have on your actual summer reading list? What about your Bucket List?

1 comment:

  1. I want to read all of these too! Gone Girl was amazing. We're reading The Secret Keeper in July for Literary Junkies. Starting tomorrow, our June read is Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter. You should join!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment so we can get in touch.