Friday, May 30, 2014

Seattle Adventures: Memorial Day in Downtown



Brett's parents came up to visit us for the Memorial Day weekend and we had a blast. We had three days jam packed with fun and relaxation.

Saturday afternoon after they got here we headed off to their favorite sea food place in Seattle, Chinook's! We went there with them last summer and I was excited to try something different on the menu, and the seared rainbow trout was fantastic, just as I expected!

After dinner the four of us got to go see X-Men: Days of Future Past, which was great by the way. I personally didn't like it quite as much as First Class, but that is just because Days of Future Past seemed to be more of a filler and connector movie to the two generations of characters. Still stoked for what comes in the future though! I mean we all know how much we love them all already!

This picture was from when we were dating and getting ready to head out for the midnight showing of First Class. 

Sunday was more chill. We went to church, and then almost went to a park on the coast, but then the Seattle rain happened. So instead we stayed in, wore some comfy clothes, and watched a movie and a basketball game. Sounds like a great relaxing day in my book.

Then Monday we finished off with a tour of downtown. Pike's Market was amazing just like last year. This time we checked out some of the other street shops. I also bought some flowers from the beautiful displays. I wanted something bright and summery so I picked out some of the most yellow tulips I have seen in a long time. I have always loved lilies and tulips and these were just too beautiful to pass up.




Somewhere in the boxes of pictures at my parent's house there is a picture of me as a toddler in a field of tulips, and it's one of my very favorites. Someday when I have a yard maybe there will be pictures of my kids in tulips as well!

1 comment:

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment so we can get in touch.