Tuesday, February 18, 2014

So Excited for Summer

I know that it is only February, but I can't stop thinking about this summer. Part of it might be because Provo has been unseasonably warm lately, but mostly it is because we found out where we will be living from May to August.
via
Brett got an internship working on the budget for the City of Kenmore right by Seattle, Washington. He worked really hard, applied to lots of jobs, and got one he wanted. During our trip to Portland last July we made a day drive to Seattle so Brett could meet with this city manager, and since then everything has worked out for him to get the job, so we are moving out there as soon as the semester is done.



We could not be more excited. Seriously, I feel bad about how excited I am. There is a couple reasons for this. First, for some reason I have always wanted to live in Seattle. Growing up near Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, Seattle was always the city on the other side of Washington that people went to on vacation. When I finally went there with Brett, I feel in love with the city and the love deepens each time we visit.  Second, we will be closer to both our families, but yet far enough away to still be doing our own thing. Brett's family will be closest at about 3 hours away and mine will be about 4. I am so excited to see more of the family that we only get to see at Christmas and Thanksgiving.

via
Since neither of our families have ever lived in Seattle, we get to set out on this new adventure by ourselves, creating our own traditions, likes and dislikes, and adventures and I am so looking forward to it. There are things that scare me, like finding a job, knowing how to get around, the cost of living, and the possibility of being lonely at first, but the positive potential greatly outweighs the fear. I want to create our own space, become a downtown public transportation rock star, hike the coast to a lighthouse, hike green mountains like I have always loved, and spend the summer watching the best summer sport at Safeco Field. Whatever it is that happens, I will be glad to do it all with the man I love in a part of the country we love together.

If you could live anywhere for the summer, where would you  go?
Any good ideas of what to do in Seattle in the summer?

via


Sorry that this is super grainy.


1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! It's always a breath of fresh air when you get those plans figured out!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment so we can get in touch.