Friday, January 24, 2014

Whole Wheat Bread Recipe

Since I found out that I have high cholesterol and need to make some drastic changes in my diet and exercise, I have been doing some experimenting with recipes. This process also got me more excited about cooking in general (something I have always loved), so I decided to start with a whole wheat bread recipe. This proved to be more difficult than I thought.

Two of the things that I am absolutely not allowed to eat for the next while are eggs and shortening. Eggs and /or shortening are in lots of bread recipes. After trying a few recipes and making the necessary substitutions I wasn't happy, although my bread-loving husband was. This being the case, I was finally happy when I stumbled on this recipe, via Pintrest, and had to try it out. It worked and was delicious. I am not the kind of person to just sit around and eat a piece of bread for a snack, but I have been since last night.



I promise that my bread looks as beautiful as the original, but her photography is just so much better than mine, so I had to use her's. Go get her amazingly simple (although time consuming) recipe to make it yourself.


1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! Homemade bread is soooo good!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment so we can get in touch.