Friday, January 10, 2014

Christmas Break and Wedding Recap

Our Christmas Break was nothing out of the ordinary for two college kids. We went to Brett's hometown again this year because his little brother got married and we didn't have enough time to go to both our family's homes for both events in the same week. Luckily it worked out and we were able to be there with so much family at the time when the last Lee got married.

Leading up to Christmas, we really just hung out with family. We went out for a Slurpee run, went out for lunch to celebrate my birthday, and saw the new Anchorman movie (I have to say its not as funny as the first).

I'd like to be able to say that the reason I have no pictures from most of the time was because I was focusing on enjoying the time and purposefully 'unplugged' but in all honesty I was just lazy. Good thing that my lovely husband made sure to snap a very unflattering picture of me on Christmas morning as he brought me a surprise breakfast! He sure knows what I love! A waffle, oranges and hot chocolate and I was in heaven!



Christmas festivities ensued. Everyone was joyful and happy. Brett got a garden gnome dressed like a Portland Trailblazer, I got a book about the context of documents in American History. Both of us were happy. We settled down on the couch to watch some football, while I read my book like a nerd, and loved it!

Once Christmas was over we began the prep for the wedding in full force. Then came the bad news. The day before the bride's father had a serious heart attack and was in the ICU of the hospital for the next several days. Luckily he is in recovery and everyone is so grateful for this. Medical conditions aside, the wedding continued and was lovely, if a little bit more subdued than normal.



This was my first experience being a bridesmaid, and to be totally honest I was really looking forward to it. I don't know why. Its super weird and I acknowledge that, but yet it was cool.



I do have to say that my favorite part of the whole break was the couple of days after we came back to Utah. Because of the New Year holiday we couldn't work like we thought, so we got to spend those 2 days with each other. We went shopping, read books, watched movies, slept, and in all ways relaxed. In my mind that is what a school break is about.



1 comment:

  1. Great documentation of it all. I wish I could have hung out with you guys more while we were there. I kind of like you. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment so we can get in touch.