Saturday, August 31, 2013

A New Job

Guys, I am just finishing my second week of a new job situation and it is wonderful! As much as I loved the opportunities I had to work my way around and meet so many amazing people while working for Vivint, it just came time to get a job more suitable to being a full-time college student.

last Halloween's group costume at Vivint
That brings me to my new setup! I work as at the Social Science/Education Reference Desk in the BYU library. It is so much fun, especially since I am a Social Science Teaching major in the first place. I get to see new books come through on all social science topics and I totally nerd out over all of them. Its also great because I am building relationships with the topic librarians and learning of the amazing resources here at the library in order to do fantastic research. This is going to be so beneficial for the rest of my college experience.

my super talented new coworker does the whiteboard art for the department, and it's awesome
For this semester only I am also working as a Teaching Assistant for a professor I had last year in the religion department. I love working with her for a couple reasons. First, she is so knowledgeable I am constantly blown away. Second, it will be great to be able to work with students about their work and get a taste of what it is like to grade papers, deal with grades, all the stuff that is a teacher's least favorite thing to do.

Both of my new supervisors have been so great to work with and are letting me split the time I am allowed to work in on-campus employment between the two jobs. Once next semester starts I will be able to stay at the reference desk for all my hours. All around, I think it is the perfect situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment so we can get in touch.