Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Best Bites in Portland

One of my favorite parts of traveling is eating out. This last trip to Portland we made sure to go to one place we always love, and one new place.

The Old Favorite:
Voodoo Doughnuts. Brett has been coming here forever, and it was one of the first places that Brett took me in Portland. Honestly, the best doughnuts I have ever eaten. I'm not the biggest fan of doughnuts in the first place, but I will eat these. 




The building downtown is really fun. The bricks are painted with glitter and the sign has a voodoo doll doughnut. I didn't get any good pictures, but they have awesome stained glass windows.


The New Favorite:
Bunk Sandwiches. Honestly the best meatball sub I have ever eaten. For a while, we had the Food Network , and our favorite show was Diners Drive-ins and Dives. That is how we found this place. A little hole-in-the-wall place that is open for breakfast and lunch. 



Brett's Spicy Italian and my Meatball Parmesan. So delicious. 



The stamp of approval from Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. We have decided that every city we go to we will try and eat in a different restaurant with this stamp!


2 comments:

  1. Yes, your find in Bunk sandwiches was a goodie! Scott's nose is still running from the spiciness of his! I loved my pulled pork with "apple cabbage slaw"! We had SO much fun with you guys! It is SOOO nice to have just another couple in the family! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. COME BACK SOON! Loved our Christmas together so much!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment so we can get in touch.