Thursday, December 6, 2012

My Favorite Parts of December




The Smell of Snow or Rain: Yes. Snow and rain have a smell, and they are different. The only way I can think of describing it is that snow smells cold and rain smells clean. Brett agrees with me.




The Gospel: Religion is brought more to the front during the time between November and December than at any other time of the year. This focus on the Savior has the ability to help improve many aspects of our lives, both individually and as communities.




Winter Outfits: I honestly don't like summer clothes. When you are wearing as little clothes as possible, you can't have as much fun. To me, a perfect outfit needs boots, jeans, shirt, sweater, scarf, coat, cloves, bag and either good hair or a headband. If you don't believe my obsesion with these things, check out my Pinterest





Christmas: Christmas includes many different aspects, including many to follow, but just the overall feelings of joy, happiness, and excitement are wonderful. Right now we are still early enough in December that the Christmas music hasn't quite taken over the radio yet. Right now the occasional song is a lovely treat.




Family and Friends: Nothing brings people together more than the holidays. With everyone looking for opportunities for service, it is nearly impossible not to feel love towards those you know.




Food: Let's be real, this is everyone's favorite part of December. It is the time of year when we can eat whatever we want and nobody will judge us for it. 

2 comments:

  1. Go Roby!!! I support your thoughts 100% (especially the food one!). Bring on Christmas in Portland!! yeeeehaaaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new format and your list, but you left off your birthday! Christmas is extra special because you are in my life!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment so we can get in touch.