Friday, November 9, 2012

While Husbands are Away

Last weekend Brett and his brother Scott drove up to Rexburg to visit their other brother Matt. That left me with Friday afternoon and evening and all day Saturday of time to fill on my own. This was only the second time since we have been married that we have spent a night apart, so it was pretty interesting.

Brook came and spent the night with me Friday. It was fun to have the time with my sister. We ate ridiculous amounts of food and watched chick flicks. I had almost forgotten how much I loved to watch a good chick movie that makes you cry. 

Saturday Brook had an intramural volleyball game and I went to the Stake Relief Society Super Saturday with some other girls in the ward. It was a great way to spend a large chuck of a Saturday.

Saturday afternoon was taken up with taking pictures. The lovely girl in the middle is Elisabeth. Brett and I made friends with her and her husband since we moved to our new apartment in the summer. She has a friend Kirsten that loves taking pictures and has recently decided to start a business. In order to build up her website and whatnot, she has been taking tons of pictures of their friends. It was Elisabeth's birthday this week so her present was pictures with her girl friends. I was flattered to be invited to join in for the group. 

These are a few of my favorites.

Can we just talk for a minute about how good my hair looked? I was very pleased. 






This next Sunday Kirsten is going to take some more pictures of Brett and me. I feel silly calling them 'family pictures' because it is just the two of us, but that is really what they are. But hey, if someone offers to take pictures of you and your husband, you can't really turn it down. I am hoping that the snow we are getting will still be pretty when Sunday afternoon rolls around.


3 comments:

  1. What are you talking about? The two of you ARE a family! Your pictures are gorgeous. I love everything about them. You are so pretty and, yes, your hair does look awesome. We are so happy you are a part of our family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. You are adorable. Fo real. Like- super hott.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, your hair looked so dang good, i was thinking the same thing! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment so we can get in touch.