Monday, November 19, 2012

We Ran a 5k!

Saturday was a big day for us. We ran our first organized 5k. Not only was it our first one together, but a first for both of us individually. I have never really been a runner, but Brett started while he was on his mission. Running is still not my favorite thing to do, but I am learning to enjoy it more each time. Something about finishing wants me to simultaneously quit while I'm ahead and keep doing it again. Its a weird feeling.

Jesse and Emily were awesome enough to run with us. They have run all sorts of races, even up to a half marathon, so they were great support.



 Right after the race. If I look exhausted, its because I was. About this time we realized we didn't take any pictures near the finish line, so we headed on back there to pretend like we had just finished.



Brett recreated what he wishes he would have really done across the finish line. 



1 comment:

  1. way to accomplish this goal!!! You are awesome! i am wayyyy proud of you roby!!! what a rockstar you are!!! Tell Brett I love his black sunday socks!!:) xo

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment so we can get in touch.