Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Treat Yo'self!-Weekend in Park City, Utah

So, Brett and I were talking a while back that we wanted to do something together this summer while we had a little bit of financial cushion and its just the two of us. Of course we started big and then due to multiple things coming up, like Brett going to school this summer so he can graduate a year earlier and our camping trip with our "married friends", we realized that both our time and our money are lower than expected. We did however, get a SCREAMING deal on a hotel room up in Park City. This time of year is a catch-22 for Park City. Its a great time to go because hotels and dining are at a ridiculously reduced rate since its the off season (no more winter skiing, too soon for summer festivals). The only thing is that there isn't much going on. For our purposes...it was perfect. A relaxing couple days with no plans, no obligations, and not in Provo. So here we go....


 So every time we do anything out of the ordinary, or we just get new music, Brett makes a mix CD to honor the event. This is the one for our weekend, modeled after the "Treat yo'self!" episode of Parks and Rec. Hilarious. Trust me.


(Sorry this is the worst pic)
Following with the "Treat yo'self" theme.....a few days before we left it was Secretaries Day. This (along with a huge flower arrangement) was my present from the Vivint Executives. $100 dollars to Nordstrom, awesome right? So on our way out of town we had to stop to go shopping. I was responsible and went to The Rack so I could get more with my gift card and totally scored. Lots of new outfits coming up.


Remember when I said the hotel was sweet? Well here is the proof. It was so nice. One of the first things I said when we walked in was that this was probably going to be the best hotel room we were ever going to have. 




The white frame you see on the right of the counter was there to tell us that the this studio suite was for sale at a reduced price of $355,000.000 and that if we were interested who to call. Are you kidding me? It was as big as our little apartment in Provo. Crazy. I guess it was fully furnished, but still, come on. 


I will say this though. The kitchen was awesome. That is more counter space than I have seen since I lived in my parents house in Rathdrum. Still not worth the crazy price. 




A weekend of relaxing, shopping, using the pimpin' kitchen to make cookies, and just having fun was exactly what we needed. The only problem was that it made it hard to get back to the real world come Monday. Oh and the fact that we spent all of Saturday looking for a pair of shoes for Brett. Yes we found them, and I never thought I would say this but I may not want to go back to a Nike store for a while. So many shoe stores........



4 comments:

  1. Hoooooray! So glad you had an awesome time together. I love getting away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous. It looks like it was a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best hotel room we ever had was that little closet with one twin size bed. The one we found at midnight and most of us slept on the floor! I think you slept on the chair and Sierra complained because there wasn't enough room on the floor to stretch her legs out. We were just so happy to be out of the car. Do you remember?
    I am glad you had a great get away together. It sounds a lot live silver valley. lmL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I do remember that. We were there for a wedding right? And I am still jealous of the suite you guys had up at silver valley. That one was nuts.

      Delete

I love to hear from you! Leave me a comment so we can get in touch.